Online Learning Extended until Tuesday May 25, 2021
- May 6th Letter from Chief Superintendent Bryan Szumlas
- May 4th Letter from Chief Superintendent Bryan Szumlas
- April 28th Letter from Chief Superintendent Bryan Szumlas
Important Online Learning Information
April 15, 2021
By now, I am sure you have all heard the provincial government’s announcement of additional COVID-19 health restrictions. We were informed all students in Calgary schools in grades 7-12 will be moved to online learning beginning Monday, April 19th Friday, April 30th with the possibility of this being extended. In planning for the 2020-2021 school year we anticipated that classes might have to move to online instruction.
This was one of the reasons we chose to implement the quarter system this year. Quarters provides staff and students the opportunity to focus on only two courses at a time rather than four courses. We believe this sets students up for success.
QUARTER FOUR BEGINS ON MONDAY APRIL 19TH
Please note the following:
- All students will receive an email this week from their new Quarter 4 teachers introducing themselves and outlining what they will need to start their new classes.
- Students are expected to consistently join classes online at the regular times, attendance will be taken, and grades will be entered. If you child becomes ill or has a doctor/dentist appointment, please call the school to report the absence.
- Students are required to log-on to Brightspace/D2L daily for additional course information. • It is important that students keep up with their at home learning and assessments while we are learning online.
- Please keep communication with teachers limited to regular school hours (8:00am – 4:00pm). • ES1 & ES2 classes will continue with in person learning at school, following their regular schedule.
- School Administration and the Main Office will remain open with regular hours. • Any student requiring supports from Counselling and Diverse Learning are asked to please reach out via email:
- Susan MacNeil – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Brown – email@example.com
- Charlene MacKinnon – Charlene.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Pilon – email@example.com
If you require materials from the school, please see the items and schedule below:
Quarter 3 textbooks must be returned when coming to pick up Quarter 4 books.
- We have a limited number of books for each subject area and require books to be returned & quarantined in order to provide all students with their new Q4 books.
- Please bring your Student ID in with you in order to sign your books out.
We will once again sign out Chromebook to students who require this technology support while learning at home. The Technology Loan Agreement is attached, please either:
- Send your child to the school with a signed Loan Agreement to pick up a Chromebook.
- Come to the school to sign the Loan Agreement and pick up a Chromebook for your child.
Workbooks & other Business Office items:
The business office will be open for purchases and school fees:
- Math/Science workbooks
- Grad Hoodie orders
- School Fee payment and inquiries
Grade 12 students are reminded to pick up their Grad Photo proofs (if they have not done so yet). Grad photo orders can be placed online or dropped off at the school.
Specific course supplies:
You may receive an email from your teacher that extra supplies are required for your courses.
These materials will be set out in front of the Learning Commons on tables for pick up when you come to get your textbooks.
- Art supplies, Sports Med tape, handouts etc
Schedule for access to the building for pickup and return:
The school will be open Monday to Thursday from 8:30am – 3:30pm & Fridays from 8:30am – 2:30pm to complete all the items listed above.
Outside of these hours the school will not be open, and we will be unable to sign any materials out.
Friday April 16th Grade 12 students
Monday April 19th Grade 11 students
Tuesday April 20th Grade 10 students
We ask that you please try to follow this schedule so that we can keep this process flowing in an orderly manner. If due to extenuating circumstances you cannot make your scheduled time, please come at a time that works for you. As a school community, we are in this together.
Your feedback is critical and necessary to the success of this online approach.
Please reach out by calling 403-500-2133 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you or your child require any further support, have any questions or concerns.
Thanks for all your support in advance.
Guided By Hope!